- MI Level II NDT Inspector
- Full Time
- QA Department
- W International, LLC Michigan
- July 26, 2018
- July 26, 2018
- July 26, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Must perform and report findings for QC and NDT inspections ability to coordinate with and
communicate effectively with all parties
- Verify the implementation of contract documents
- Produce inspection reports and maintain detailed records of work performed
- Mentoring and training of staff as assigned.
- Recognizes complex problems and assists in bringing to resolution
- Proficient in applying standard inspection testing techniques and procedures for the verification
- Able to read and interpret complex blueprints, customer/vendor specifications, and shop
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on
accuracy and timeliness
- Must be detail oriented, have a professional attitude, confidentiality, and strong ethic values
- Demonstrated ability to effectively perform assigned NDT tasks and interpret results of
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- NDT Level II Certification VT, MT, PT
- Experience with GTAW and GMAW welding highly preferred
- Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form.
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities and have a dependable work ethic
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
including but not limited to safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality
manuals and procedure manuals
Ability to stand continuously for long periods of time
- Willing to work in excess of 40 hours a week
- Ability to input and utilize Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) E2 Shoptech system
processes for planning, ordering material, tracking, recordkeeping, and reporting.
- Required to perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Experience in US Government Defense and Aerospace contracting business environment on
programs that are for US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps, Air Force, or Department of Energy
- Experience with NAVSEA Tech Pub 1688
- Past working relationships with Defense and Aerospace Contractors.
- Mechanical technical training or skills are desired
- Experience with Shop Tech E-2 ERP system or similar workflow tool.
- Past experience working for or at a Fabrication facility.