- Manufacturing Janitor
- Full Time
- $12-$13 / hour
- June 25, 2019
- June 25, 2019
- December 30, 2019
Summary of Job Description:
A technical cleaner job requirements, duties, and responsibilities are to ensure that the manufacturing facility is kept cleaned. This is a labor intensive position requiring cleaning work and working under hazardous conditions, not be afraid of heights, using personal protection equipment such as Tyvek suites, fall protection, safety glasses and a respirator.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures and or equipment.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must not have height restrictions.
- Remove hazardous chemicals or be required to clean, inspect, maintain and repair equipment and machinery.
- Mix chemical(s) in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications. • Assists customers with requests: special requests by customer
- Must attend periodic training and safety meetings.
- Knowledge and understanding of Filter use in the technical cleaning process.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans ceiling and dust and polishes equipment.
- Maintain equipment clean and orderly.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment for the day to day operation of the facility.
- Must maintain a neat appearance.
Knowledge And Skills
- Knowledge of basic cleaning practices, industrial cleaning and responsibilities very helpful.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have good listening and verbal communication skills. Some positions require the ability to speak/understand English.
- Must be self motivated
Education And Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in commercial facilities and building janitorial work desired.
- Large manufacturing environment.
- Safety glasses required while performing job duties.
- Fast paced work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, cleaning products and noise.
- Able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.