- MI NDT Level III Inspector
- Full Time
- QA Dept with assignment to Structual Dept.
- W International, LLC Michigan
- July 26, 2018
- July 26, 2018
- July 26, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Implement & manage the NDT program to include VT, UT, MT and PT procedures
- Manage & Supervise level I and II inspectors.
- Implement & administering the welder workmanship program and training.
- Manage the NDT program to include all the personal and procedures
- Reviews and write procedures/standards for VT MT PT, and UT processes
- Develop and manage the welder workmanship inspection training and qualification.
- Perform and oversee annual weld and NDT program audits.
- Conduct training and examination of NDT personnel.
- Conduct surveillance of the Level I and Level II inspectors.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Follow all safety rules and quality standards.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Report any unsafe work conditions or practice to supervisor.
- Prepare official NDT inspection reports and AutoCad Drawings for submittal to the government.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- NDT program Level III: 3 years.
- Qualified level III inspector IAW NAVSEA requirements in Tech pub 271 and ASNT or candidate
must be a level II, meet the prerequisites for level III and become a level III within 45 days of hire
- Experience with SMAW, GTAW and GMAW welding highly preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form.
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities and have a dependable work ethic.
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
including but not limited to safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality
manuals and procedure manuals
- Familiarity with the metric system
- Ability to stand continuously for long periods of time
- Willing to work in excess of 40 hours a week
- High school or equivalent
- Required to perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Experience in US Government Defense and Aerospace contracting business environment on
programs that are for US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps, Air Force, or Department of Energy
- Past working relationships with Defense and Aerospace Contractors.
- Working knowledge of UCC Article 7 and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR’s and DFAR’s).
- Some mechanical technical training or skills is desired.
- Experience with Shop Tech E-2 ERP system or similar workflow tool.
- Past experience working for or at a Fabrication facility.