- Planner (Project Controls)
- Full Time
- July 3, 2019
- July 3, 2019
- July 29, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Builds schedules for all new contracts and some proposals.
- Merges schedules for multiple independent contracts into one master site schedule.
- Maintains master site schedule.
- Performs load-leveling for limited resources.
- Analyze schedule data and prepare variance reports.
- Identify strategies to mitigate unfavorable variances and identify opportunities to improve schedule performance.
- Prepare and present schedule updates for management and customers.
- Work with project team to monitor work performed, contract modifications, and change in directions for impact to the scope and schedule.
- Provide input and/or conduct the plan of the day including providing the short term production schedule to plan the daily shop operations.
- Perform earned value calculations on contracts which require EVM.
- Work with Purchasing and Material Planning & Logistics to coordinate and plan raw material deliveries; include material availability in the project schedules.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Management, Industrial Management, Business Development, or a related field.
- Must be a US Citizen or equivalent as defined by the US Department of State.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a planning, scheduling, or project management.
- Must demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Project; proficiency in Primavera (P6) is also desired.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate strong decision making, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis
on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have strong ethical values, professional attitude, and confidentiality.
- Able to travel easily throughout the CONUS. (none to minimum travel required)
- Having proficiency in MS Office (Work, Excel, Outlook) and inputting and using an Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) system for planning and reporting.
- Planning and scheduling experience in a fabrication job shop environment.
- Past working experience with a defense related company.
- Some mechanical technical training or skills is desired.
- Experience with Shop Tech E-2 ERP system or similar workflow tool.
Strong technical/IT skills