- MI Program Manager
- Full Time
- Reports to the President of W
- W International, LLC Michigan
- July 26, 2018
- July 26, 2018
- July 26, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Managing the schedule and cost performance, application of resources, and risk associated with
a Subcontract, Purchase Order, or Long-Term Agreement issued by our Customers which are
primarily; US Government Agencies, Defense Prime Contractors, and Tier 1 and 2 Suppliers to
the Defense and Aerospace Industry.
- As a single contributor, provides critical Program status to the Customer designated point(s) of
contact and to W International (W) leadership, formally and informally, on a frequent basis.
- Daily interface with W Project management/Project engineering in order to have access to real
time and most accurate data. Also, to obtain assistance on technical or operations issues.
- Acting as the principle day-to-day interface point and go-to person for the Program(s) being
managed. Vets all correspondence to and from the Customer.
- Sets the “Battle Rhythm” internally at W toward an enthusiastic approach to assure program
events are accomplished on time and that developing a Quality product is understood to be
- Working in concert with W’s Business Development in establishing and retaining a strong
relationship with the Customer.
- Arranges and hosts all visits by assigned establishments Customers to W facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Program/Project Management, Industrial
Management, or Business Development.
- Must be a US Citizen or equivalent as defined by the US Department of State.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in a Project or Program Management function.
- Strong communication skills and proven business acumen.
- Demonstrate strong decision making, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis
on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have strong ethical values, professional attitude, and confidentiality.
- Able to travel easily throughout the CONUS.
- Having proficiency in MS Office (Work, Excel, Outlook) and inputting and using an Enterprise
Requirements Planning (ERP) system for planning and reporting.
- Experience in US Government Defense and Aerospace contracting business environment on
programs that are for US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps, Air Force, or Department of Energy
- Past working relationships with Defense and Aerospace Contractors.
- Working knowledge of UCC Article 7 and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR’s and DFAR’s).
- Some mechanical technical training or skills is desired.
- Experience with Shop Tech E-2 ERP system or similar workflow tool.
- Past experience working for or at a Fabrication facility.