- SC Business Development Manager
- Full Time
- July 3, 2019
- July 3, 2019
- September 30, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Manage the following functions: Sales, Estimating, Claims, Contracts, Sales & Estimating Coordinator.
- Reports directly to the VP of Programs.
- Communicate the higher level business plan and objectives to direct reports.
- Present sales reports and metrics to upper management.
- Review all bid solicitations received from customers and assign bids within the estimating team.
- Review all completed quotes with estimating team prior to customer submittal.
- Depending on value of quote, provide upper management with a briefing or detailed review of all quotes to be submitted.
- Review contracts and contract changes.
- Prepare, or manage the preparation of, claims to be submitted to customers for financial impacts caused by the customer for change orders or other customer liable impacts.
- Set priorities amongst team members between various customers and tasks.
- Take the lead on customer negotiations and obtain buy-in from upper management.
- Develop new and improved sales and estimating processes, tools, and metrics to improve group efficiency and monitor performance.
- Responsible for the development of large proposal write-ups and RFI packages required by the customer.
- Meet with customers as needed to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Management, Industrial Management, Business Development, or a related field.
- Must be a US Citizen or equivalent as defined by the US Department of State.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in sales, business development, estimating, or a related field.
- Must demonstrate expertise with proposal writing and presentation development.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate strong ability to create graphs and charts using Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate strong decision making, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis
on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have strong ethical values, professional attitude, and confidentiality.
- Able to travel easily throughout the CONUS.
- Having proficiency in MS Office (Work, Excel, Outlook) and inputting and using an Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) system for planning and reporting.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA).
- Finance and accounting experience.