- SC Maintenance Technician
- Full Time Position
- South Carolina
- December 10, 2018
- July 1, 2019
- December 10, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Report any unsafe work conditions or practice to supervisor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in repairing and maintaining welding equipment
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- Ability to follow instructions given both verbally and in written form.
- Willingness to learn and work to the best of his/her abilities and have a dependable work ethic.
- Ability to read and interpret documents furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form including but not limited to safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, quality manuals and procedure manuals
- Familiarity with the metric system
- Ability to stand continuously for long periods of time
- Willing to work in excess of 40 hours a week
- High school or equivalent
- Required to perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned by his or her supervisor.
- Experience in US Government Defense and Aerospace contracting business environment on programs that are for US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps, Air Force, or Department of Energy projects.
- Past working relationships with Defense and Aerospace Contractors.
- Working knowledge of UCC Article 7 and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR’s and DFAR’s).
- Some mechanical technical training or skills is desired.
- Experience with Shop Tech E-2 ERP system or similar workflow tool.
- Past experience working for or at a Fabrication facility.