- SC Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Full Time Position
- South Carolina
- December 10, 2018
- July 1, 2019
- December 1, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Work closely with Project Management and Engineering to ensure manufacturing processes adhere to required military specifications
- Develop process breakdown plan to strategically oversee receipt of material, machining, fitting, welding, and maintaining of large structural components
- Determine optimal weld sequencing to reduce distortion and maintain strict dimensional tolerances
- Provide direction, coordination, implementation, execution and control of manufacturing processes for tradesmen
- Identifying best manufacturing process for project scope and deliverables
- Develop scope of work for approved suppliers
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in related field preferred (B.S. in Industrial Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Structural Engineering or equivalent degree) with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a Project Management / Manufacturing Process capacity
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. with a minimum 10+ years of experience working in a Project Management / Manufacturing Process capacity
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Experience with GMAW, GTAW and SMAW welding
- Understanding and working knowledge of manufacturing processes/principles, military limitations, trade terminology, material types, tooling and equipment, GD&T and machine operation.
- Machine controls knowledge/experience
- Proven experience in Risk Management
- Knowledge of theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of Project Management Software
- Root Cause Analysis
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Experience in US Government Defense and Aerospace contracting business environment on programs that are for US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps, Air Force, or Department of Energy projects.
- Knowledge of Navy specifications (i.e. NAVSEA Technical Publication 1688, 278, and 248)
- Past working relationships with Defense and Aerospace Contractors.
- Experience with Shop Tech E-2 ERP system or similar workflow tool.
- Knowledge of Welding Engineering terms