- SC Planning and Scheduling Manager
- Full time
- July 3, 2019
- July 3, 2019
- August 26, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Manage all Planners and Schedulers; report directly to the VP of Programs
- Direct the daily activities of the Planners and Schedulers/Expeditors.
- Communicate the higher level business plan and objectives to the Planning and Scheduling team.
- Present scheduling reports and information to upper management.
- Able to perform as a functioning Planner or Scheduler to assist.
- Review new project schedules and versions of the master site schedule prior to release.
- Attend site staff meetings as a representative of Planning and Scheduling when needed.
- Attend customer meetings as a representative for W International for Planning and Scheduling when needed.
- Provide write-ups and schedules for proposals and RFIs as required.
- Ensure the Planning and Scheduling department maintains the resources needed to adequately perform it role
- Develop new and improved planning and scheduling tools and metrics to create, track, and report schedule performance
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Management, Industrial Management, Business Development, or a related field.
- Must be a US Citizen or equivalent as defined by the US Department of State.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a planning, scheduling, or project management.
- Must demonstrate expertise with Microsoft Project; proficiency in Primavera (P6) is also desired.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must demonstrate strong ability to create graphs and charts using Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrate strong decision making, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis
on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have strong ethical values, professional attitude, and confidentiality.
- Able to travel easily throughout the CONUS. (minimal travel required)
- Having proficiency in MS Office (Work, Excel, Outlook) and inputting and using an Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) system for planning and reporting.
- Planning, scheduling, or expediting management experience in a fabrication job shop environment.
- Past working and management experience with a defense related company.
- Possess contacts within the defense industry from previous jobs.
- Some mechanical technical training or skills is desired.
- Experience with Shop Tech E-2 ERP system or similar workflow tool.
- Strong technical/IT skills