- SC Production Weld Supervisor
- Full Time Position
- Plant Mgmt
- June 3, 2019
- June 3, 2019
- December 1, 2019
The Production Weld Supervisor is responsible for managing a specific work area including the work center, staff and resources required to operate as required.
- Report directly to the Plant Manager.
- Supervise production line for a specific job, no more than a maximum of 2 lines should be considered.
- Know the required production rate for each specific fixture and instruct the operators on the expectation.
- Verify 1st piece inspection and document for manufacturing signoff.
- Verify & signoff daily time tickets for all operators under supervision.
- Update production quantities daily in process tracking log book and E2 as instructed.
- Ensure work area is properly set up to maximize efficiency and organization.
- Properly document and report scrap and rework for updating into E2.
- Manage resources in the work area to ensure that all needed tools and materials are stocked for the next day.
- Monitor tooling and equipment to ensure they are properly set up and functioning as intended.
- Communicate any issues (material, staff, equipment, quality etc. ) quickly and according to company procedure.
- Mange staff to ensure area is running efficiently and in accordance with production expectations.
- Ensure employees understand how to operate the tools and equipment required to perform their assigned task.
- Ensure employees know how to perform the specific operation assigned (weld fixture, kit instruction, etc.).
- Manages employee’s time card issues and PTO requests.
- Keep work area clean and organized at all times.
- Provide performance evaluations for staff as required.
- Maintain a respectful and professional approach to communicating with others.
- Follow and enforce all company policies including safety rules and quality standards.
- Provide necessary manufacturing support as required to meet production output requirements.
- Focus on Quality & Production rate efficiency.
Abilities and Skills:Must have a working knowledge of manufacturing welded steel products
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate and direct others.