- SC Program Manager
- Full time
- July 3, 2019
- July 3, 2019
- August 26, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Dual Leadership role for successfully managing all aspects of a program for W International and to also serve as the face of W to our Customers.
- Managing the schedule and cost performance, application of resources, and risk associated with a Subcontract, Purchase Order, or Long-Term Agreement issued by our Customers which are primarily; US Government Agencies, Defense Prime Contractors, and Tier 1 and 2 Suppliers to the Defense and Aerospace Industry.
- Provides critical Program status to the Customer designated point(s) of contact and to W International (W) leadership, formally and informally, on a frequent basis.
- Daily interface with W Project management/Project engineering in order to have access to real time and most accurate data. Also, to obtain assistance on technical or operations issues.
- Acting as the principle day-to-day interface point and go-to person for the Program(s) being managed. Vets all correspondence to and from the Customer.
- Sets the “Battle Rhythm” internally at W toward an enthusiastic approach to assure program events are accomplished on time and that developing a Quality product is understood to be foremost.
- Working in concert with W’s Business Development in establishing and retaining a strong relationship with the Customer.
- Establishes meaningful measurements on internal performance.
- Arranges all visits to and from a Customer.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Program/Project Management, Industrial Management, or Business Development.
- Must be a US Citizen or equivalent as defined by the US Department of State.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in a Project or Program Management function.
- Strong communication skills and proven business acumen.
- Demonstrate strong decision making, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis
on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have strong ethical values, professional attitude, and confidentiality.
- Able to travel easily throughout the CONUS.
- Having proficiency in MS Office (Work, Excel, Outlook) and inputting and using an Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) system for planning and reporting.
- Experience in US Government Defense and Aerospace contracting business environment on programs that are for US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps, Air Force, or Department of Energy projects.
- Past working relationships with Defense and Aerospace Contractors.
- Working knowledge of UCC Article 7 and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR’s and DFAR’s).
- Some mechanical technical training or skills is desired.
- Experience with Shop Tech E-2 ERP system or similar workflow tool.
Past experience working for or at a Fabrication facility.