- SC Scheduler (Expeditor)
- Full Time
- July 3, 2019
- July 3, 2019
- July 29, 2019
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Perform daily walkthrough of shop floor collecting status of all active projects.
- Update project schedules with status on a daily basis.
- Work with Planner to modify project schedules and reports as needed.
- Assist Planner in building new project schedules when needed.
- Verify that material and weld wire needed for each project are on site and released in time to support the project schedule; work with project team members to alleviate any issues.
- Work with Material Planning & Logistics to arrange shipments of material to and from suppliers as needed to support the project schedules.
- Verify that tools and equipment needed for each project are on site and ready for use to support the project schedules; work with the project team members to alleviate any issues.
- Work closely with and in support of the Planner; perform tasks for the Planner as requested to help maintain the master site schedule.
- Communicate daily with shop supervision to assure the shop has everything needed to maintain production in support of the project schedules.
- Act as a courier to deliver shop floor paperwork between the office and the shop.
- Assist in arranging meetings amongst required team members to resolve issues impacting production.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, Management, Industrial Management, Logistics, Communication, or a related field.
- Must be a US Citizen or equivalent as defined by the US Department of State.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a planning, scheduling, or expediting
- Must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Project; proficiency in Primavera (P6) is also desired.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate strong decision making, mathematical, and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis
on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must have strong ethical values, professional attitude, and confidentiality.
- Able to travel easily throughout the CONUS. (none to minimum travel required)
- Having proficiency in MS Office (Work, Excel, Outlook) and inputting and using an Enterprise Requirements Planning (ERP) system for planning and reporting.
- Planning, scheduling, or expediting experience in a fabrication job shop environment.
- Past working experience with a defense related company.
- Some mechanical technical training or skills is desired.
- Experience with Shop Tech E-2 ERP system or similar workflow tool.
Strong technical/IT skills