- MI Weld Engineer
- Full Time
- W International, LLC
- July 26, 2018
- July 26, 2018
- July 26, 2019
- Develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to
problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications,
properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles:
Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication
processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop
new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new
patterns of welding phenomena, or to correlate and substantiate hypotheses.
- Prepares technical reports as result of research and development and preventive
- Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to
specification restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements which
involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and
complex postheating requirements.
- Evaluates new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding
problems or production processes.
- Directs and coordinates technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure
workers’ compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in
testing welds for conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding
personnel for certification.
- Contacts personnel of other agencies, engineering personnel, or clients to exchange
ideas, information, or offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
- May perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and